Through games, crafts, and educational activities, students will learn about elk, science, and natural crafting materials.
These fall homeschool days are FREE and open to ALL students in grades K-12. Parents are encouraged to attend with their students.
Pre-registration is required two days in advance.
WIld About Elk - Thursday, October 20, 2022, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Learn about our park's most popular wildlife, the North American elk, including elk biology, antlers, behaviors, signs, and more. Register by Tuesday, Oct. 18th.
STEM Day - Thursday, November 17, 2022, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Students will participate in a variety of hands-on educational activities and demonstrations while working on their science, technology, engineering and math skills. Register by Tuesday, Nov. 15th.
Natural Ornaments - Thursday, December 15, 2022, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Spread some cheer during this popular annual program. Families will have the opportunity to create one-of-a-kind ornaments using materials found in woods and backyards. Register by Tuesday, Dec. 13th.
Parents, please plan ahead for a sucessful day:
· We will meet in the Classroom of the Wildlife Center.
· Plan to arrive around 15 minutes before program is scheduled to start. Program will begin and end on time.
· Program will be held both indoors and outside.
· Parents are required to stay on-site for the day and are encouraged to participate with their children.
· Program activities are designed for grade levels K-12. Younger children are welcome to attend with a supervising adult.
· There will be a 30 minute lunch break; families are responsible for bringing along a bagged lunch.
· Due to our remote setting Sinnemahoning State Park does not have cell service or Wi-Fi available.